Wedding speeches for father of the bride are the most important and significant part of any wedding. However most fathers dread this moment and are at a complete loss of what to say and what not to say in their wedding speech.
It is true that public speaking is not every one’s forte and it is easy to feel nervous and confused when you have to deliver father of bride wedding speech in front of all family and friends.
The following tips will surely help you in writing and delivering a memorable father of the bride speech.
Wedding speeches for father of the bride – rules and regulations
- You should introduce yourself first of all and then welcome all the guests and thank them for attending this wedding and making it such a success.
- Remember to place special emphasis on welcoming the groom and his family.
- Then you can talk about your daughter.
- Tell the guests how you watched your daughter grow up and how she has, all of a sudden, blossomed into a really gorgeous bride.
- Also say, how proud you are of your daughter, of the things she has achieved in life.
- You can even mention your first meeting with your son in law and your impression of him at first glance. This is a good place to highlight the father daughter bond.
- You must also mention how the relationship has evolved over time.
- It is good if you speak a few positive words about your son in law.
- Most father of the bride wedding speeches fail to make an impression.
- It is always safe to take help from well-written father of the bride speech samples
- The sample speeches give you inspiration to write a speech. In fact you can copy portions of well-written sample speeches to make them a part of your own speech. It will save you lot of time and effort.